Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Day I Decided To Write a Blog

So this all started off with the idea that I would write a book. Well, okay, so that's a lie. It started when I had to write 3 essays for a graduate level course for the midterm and I was having writer's block for that so, as a way to procrastinate, I started my book.

Well, I had two great "chapters" (chapters is in quotes because they are very short) and then I suffered from writer's block for that. When I first started the book (in March), I began googling how people start books, etc. Well, one person suggested that you start off with a blog to see if anyone is even interested in what you have to say. I'm not honestly thinking that I'll ever have a book, but this way it'll be easier if I have an idea for a "chapter" I can just write it out. And, I mean, feedback is always appreciated. My sister says it reads like stand up comedy, so that's exciting.

In any case, I hope that it's enjoyable and that someday, maybe, I'll develop it into some kind of book. Mostly, the main aim is to be funny. So laugh a lot, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment